At Bennett Village, we experience the satisfaction of doing purposeful work each and every day.
If you’re a person who values your contribution to the lives of others as much as you value your paycheque, we want you! Bennett Village offers a friendly, supportive workplace where you will forge lasting relationships not only with your coworkers, but with our amazing group of residents as well. Each resident has a unique life story to share and an appreciation for those who choose to serve them and add to their daily quality of life.
Our staffing structure at the Bennett Centre, our Long Term Care home, is comprised of a management team under the direction of Bennett Village’s Executive Director, and invaluable roles such as Personal Support Workers, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Recreation Assistants, and Food Service and Laundry & Housekeeping staff.
Positions currently available at the Bennett Centre are shown on the right. Please apply by submitting your resume via email to email@example.com. The name of the position should be referenced in the subject line.
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
PSWs are vital members of the Bennett Centre’s compassionate care-giving team. The PSW will interact directly with residents, providing Quality of Life care through positive communication and assistance with the residents’ Activity of Daily Living (ADL). PSWs are the critical link between the residents, family members, Registered Staff / Management and other healthcare stakeholders.
We are searching for dedicated, compassionate, and energetic individuals to join our team.
Reports to: Director of Care and Designates
- To adhere to the plan of care as determined by the Registered Staff;
- To facilitate residents’ move in and transfers where applicable;
- To observe and report on residents care/service utilizing appropriate Bennett forms or tools;
- To assist the resident/client with personal care and hygiene and activities of daily living;
- To observe and report on changes in residents condition to the Registered Staff;
- To escalate medical emergencies to the Registered Staff;
- To assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids;
- To demonstrate understanding of resident needs and maximize abilities;
- To provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to the resident/family;
- To maintain resident information confidentiality;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken within decision making authority and or concern communicated to Registered Staff;
- To assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment, including residents/clients equipment, belongings, and nursing equipment;
- To observe & report to the Registered Staff any concerns regarding resident’s safety, including physical environment, implement interventions as directed by his/her supervisor & advocate on resident’s behalf to ensure resident’s safety is maintained;
- To attend in services to develop knowledge and skills and complete the assigned Surge E-Learning;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Bennett’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Education, Qualifications, Experience
- Graduate of Personal Support Worker program
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring clients
- Lifting, twisting pushing, pulling, walking with residents
Please apply by submitting your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The name of the position should be referenced in the subject line.
We Are Hiring-Come Join Our Team!
WE ARE HIRING!
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!!
Bennett Centre Long-term Care, in Georgetown is looking for dynamic, qualified individuals to join our team. We have a variety of positions including Nursing, Dietary Housekeeping and Recreation available.
We are a non-profit, recognized organization dedicated to provide quality and compassionate care to our Residents and Families. At Bennett Centre, we value teamwork, trust, leadership, dignity, safety and respect in our everyday interactions with staff, residents, families and external stake holders.
We look forward to welcoming you to join our team!
To apply for one of these positions, please send your resume and cover letter to: HR@bennettvillage.ca
“Bennett Village provides a friendly, homelike environment for residents including caring staff that strives to provide family like, resident-centered care and services to residents every day.” – CARF 2020
Our staffing structure at The Gallery, our Active Living life lease building, is comprised of a small team under the direction of Bennett Village’s Executive Director. This includes our on-site Property Manager, maintenance and janitorial staff.
Positions currently available at The Gallery are shown on the right. Please apply by submitting your resume via email to email@example.com. The name of the position should be referenced in the subject line.
There are no jobs currently available at The Gallery. Please check back again.
If there is no job that sparks your interest today, there could be one tomorrow. Please send us an email with your resume and we’ll reach out if an appropriate position should become available.