At Bennett Village, we experience the satisfaction of doing purposeful work each and every day.
If you’re a person who values your contribution to the lives of others as much as you value your paycheque, we want you! Bennett Village offers a friendly, supportive workplace where you will forge lasting relationships not only with your coworkers, but with our amazing group of residents as well. Each resident has a unique life story to share and an appreciation for those who choose to serve them and add to their daily quality of life.
Our staffing structure at the Bennett Centre, our Long Term Care home, is comprised of a management team under the direction of Bennett Village’s Executive Director, and invaluable roles such as Personal Support Workers, Registered Nurses, Registered Practical Nurses, Recreation Assistants, and Food Service and Laundry & Housekeeping staff.
Positions currently available at the Bennett Centre are shown on the right. Please apply by submitting your resume via email to email@example.com. The name of the position should be referenced in the subject line.
Personal Support Worker (PSW)
PSWs are vital members of the Bennett Centre’s compassionate care-giving team. The PSW will interact directly with residents, providing Quality of Life care through positive communication and assistance with the residents’ Activity of Daily Living (ADL). PSWs are the critical link between the residents, family members, Registered Staff / Management and other healthcare stakeholders.
We are searching for dedicated, compassionate, and energetic individuals to join our team.
Reports to: Director of Care and Designates
- To adhere to the plan of care as determined by the Registered Staff;
- To facilitate residents’ move in and transfers where applicable;
- To observe and report on residents care/service utilizing appropriate Bennett forms or tools;
- To assist the resident/client with personal care and hygiene and activities of daily living;
- To observe and report on changes in residents condition to the Registered Staff;
- To escalate medical emergencies to the Registered Staff;
- To assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids;
- To demonstrate understanding of resident needs and maximize abilities;
- To provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to the resident/family;
- To maintain resident information confidentiality;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken within decision making authority and or concern communicated to Registered Staff;
- To assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment, including residents/clients equipment, belongings, and nursing equipment;
- To observe & report to the Registered Staff any concerns regarding resident’s safety, including physical environment, implement interventions as directed by his/her supervisor & advocate on resident’s behalf to ensure resident’s safety is maintained;
- To attend in services to develop knowledge and skills and complete the assigned Surge E-Learning;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Bennett’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Education, Qualifications, Experience
- Graduate of Personal Support Worker program
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification required
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring clients
- Lifting, twisting pushing, pulling, walking with residents
Please apply by submitting your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The name of the position should be referenced in the subject line.
Our staffing structure at The Gallery, our Active Living life lease building, is comprised of a small team under the direction of Bennett Village’s Executive Director. This includes our on-site Property Manager, maintenance and janitorial staff.
Positions currently available at The Gallery are shown on the right. Please apply by submitting your resume via email to email@example.com. The name of the position should be referenced in the subject line.
There are no jobs currently available at The Gallery. Please check back again.
If there is no job that sparks your interest today, there could be one tomorrow. Please send us an email with your resume and we’ll reach out if an appropriate position should become available.
Volunteering provides the opportunity to learn, develop and strengthen your skills while sharing your time.
Bennett Village provides a number of different volunteer opportunities – helping with activities, administrative functions, special events, governance and much more. While there are often specific opportunities, we’re always looking for warm-hearted people for one-on-one visiting and assistance with feeding at meals.
Here’s a list of some opportunities – but we also welcome your ideas and special skills:
- Animal Care (birds)
- Arts & Crafts
- Assistance with Meals
- Board of Directors & Committee Members
- Escorts on Outings
- Friendly Visiting/One-on-one Visits
- Music & singing
- Parties/Special Events
- Reading & Poetry
- Recreation & Exercise
- Shopping for Residents
- Social Media
In order to volunteer, you must be at least 14 years old. Those who are 18+ require a police check completed in the last six months, and all volunteers will require a two-step Tuberculosis (TB) test administered by their doctor.
Share your time and know you are making a difference.
Step 1 – Determine whether you’d like to assist at the home or be a board/committee volunteer. Then complete an Application Form
A Volunteer Application Form must be completed to become a volunteer. There are two types of applications – one for a volunteer wishing to assist with residents, and another for board/committee volunteers. You can complete the form(s) below and submit it prior to touring, or you can wait until after you tour and complete and submit the form at that time.
Step 2 — Tour
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 905-873-0115 Ext. 8511 to arrange a tour of the Bennett Centre. This is an opportunity for you to meet the Volunteer Coordinator and to see the Home. The Volunteer Coordinator will learn more about you, why you want to volunteer, and your interests and skills. This is also your opportunity to ask any questions you might have.
Step 3 — Police Records Check—Vulnerable Sector Check
All volunteers require a successful Vulnerable Sector Check. The Volunteer Coordinator will provide you with a letter for the police expressing your interest in volunteering with the Home. It is your responsibility to take the letter to the police, obtain the Vulnerable Sector Check and ensure it is brought back to the Home. A Tuberculosis (TB) test is also required.
Step 4 – Orientation and Training
All volunteers complete mandatory orientation and training related to health, safety and their roles and responsibilities. Additional training is provided for roles specific to a department or position.
If you are interested in receiving a Volunteer Application Form, please choose from the options below: